Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sick Days

It's this time of year when the holidays are over and we are looking forward to spring that cabin fever sets in and so does the sick season. We are in full swing at our house with every child sick. We give new meaning to "No Child Left Behind".

I posted good sick food just last week, but we have both cold and stomach symptoms listed and I the mom, have started to get sick too. Who knows what to cook and who feels like cooking it anyway.

Soooo, my post is short and sweet today. I know it is hard when mommy gets sick with everyone. It stinks actually. I mean I am so out numbered here 5 to 1. I think of that verse, "Never grow weary of doing good." It looms over me on days like today, but it keeps me going too. Even on our sick days when everyone is cranky we are creating memories, we slow down and I may sit with a child in my lap that has needed it and hasn't had it in awhile. Work is out the door and just being with each other in our sickened state is in. There is that moment when everybody is almost well and all bodily functions have stopped there flowing states and there is that lull, sort of a peace. Then, the energy kicks back in and it's back to the hustle and bustle. I won't say I enjoy it I just know I'm doing good. Even if it does smell weird.

No comments: