Friday, February 19, 2010

Come and See Me

I have been out of the loop this week due to the lose of my grandpa. It has been a hard week with little time for writing. I'm certain there will be many typos in this post, so please forgive me.

After going over all the memories in my mind and with family, I had a thought. Everytime I would say goodbye to my grandpa he would say, "Come and see us." I always thought that was something he just said. I see now he truly meant it and feel remorse that I didn't fit more time in with him. He was an awesome guy.

I wondered how much my heavenly father lays that on my heart and I don't listen. "Come and see me." At moments like these I want to see Him as much as I can. Still, just like my grandpa it's the busy moments that I think it can wait.

At moments of death I'm reminded how temporary this world's busyness is. I pray it sticks with me and I spend time with my Lord because I don't want to trade busyness anymore for the blessed, "Come and see mes."

No comments: